OLD POST ALERT! This is an older post and although you might find some useful tips, any technical or publishing information is likely to be out of date. Please click on Start Here on the menu bar above to find links to my most useful articles, videos and podcast. Thanks and happy writing! – Joanna Penn
We all have a lot going on these days, and anything that saves time for our marketing efforts is a good thing.
You can watch the 19 minute video below or find it on YouTube here.
In the video, we discuss:
- How Jim has 16 years of internet marketing experience, was traditionally published by Wylie and then moved into self-publishing.
- Author Marketing has tools and training for authors and has two levels – free and premium. The free level includes a great service, the Free Book Submission Tool. It submits your free book to all the sites at once, saving a you a lot of time on submissions and it can get your free promo book on many sites. We discuss how free has changed but how it is still effective for some authors.
- Getting reviews is a core activity that you need to do to sell more books. It is social proof and it feeds the algorithms. But regular readers are not great at reviewing, it’s not their natural response to reading a book. It’s better to target people who actually write reviews more professionally. The problem is finding appropriate reviewers. You can go through Amazon manually and find top reviewers – check out this article for the manual option. BUT/ this takes time! Author Marketing Club has a premium tool that will do this work for you and return a list of reviewers who reviewed a similar book to yours. You can then submit to those people as usual, but the spade work of finding the reviewers has been done for you.
- The Book Descriptions needs to help your book stand out as well, and Author Marketing Club has advice on how to write a good description but it also has a tool that will help you format it with some HTML code that will make it fancier e.g. orange headlines. You can check it out in the Free Ebook on Sales Descriptions.
- Author Marketing Club also has training sessions, more tools and live sales page analysis and more. Jim’s aim is to help authors with marketing.
- We also discuss where self-publishing is right now in the publishing eco-system and how the industry is changing. Also, how mobile cell-phones will be the reading device of the future.
You can find Jim on Twitter @JimKukral and his website www.JimKukral.com
Do you have any questions about getting book reviews or anything else that Author Marketing Club offers? Please do leave your comments and questions below.