Now he's a full-time fiction author at RealmAndSands, with 12 series titles (or product funnels) under his belt, including sci fi epic, The Beam and the Unicorn Western universe. We talk about the process of writing fast, the mindset shift needed and plans to write a book live with Fiction Unboxed. In the intro, I mention my exciting experience at London Book Fair 2014, as well as my shifting strategy for the site and my writing life, plus the launch of ACX into UK, with the result that One Day In Budapest is now available in audio.
This podcast is sponsored by Kobo Writing Life, which helps authors self-publish and reach readers in global markets through the Kobo eco-system. You can also subscribe to the Kobo Writing Life podcast for interviews with successful indie authors.
Johnny B. Truant is the author of fiction across multiple genres, including the sci fi epic, “The Beam,” “Unicorn Western,” “Fat Vampire,” “Cursed,” and “The Bialy Pimps.” He’s also a podcaster at the SelfPublishingPodcast.com, along with Sean Platt and David Wright.
You can watch the video on YouTube here, or read the full transcript below. In the interview, we discuss:
- How things have changed for Johnny in the last 2 years
- The process of writing fast
- The mindset of writing fiction full-time
- Lessons learned from writing and publishing so much
- The role podcasting plays in Johnny's life
- The Fiction Unboxed Project
- How Johnny's degrees in genetics and philosophy impact his writing and research process
- How to go from being an author to running a business as an author
- The next two years of being an indie