How can you effectively use image-based social media to reach readers and sell more books?
How can you avoid time-wasting but still build a community? I discuss these questions and more with Frances Caballo in today's interview.
In the intro, I mention my personal update and how I organize and batch my time, as well as Things app.
Plus, if you're unhappy with the changes at Mailchimp, check out my tutorial on how to set up ConvertKit for your author mailing list.
Today's show is sponsored by Draft2Digital, where you can get free ebook formatting, free distribution to multiple stores, and a host of other benefits. Get your free Author Marketing Guide at www.draft2digital.com/penn
Frances Caballo is the author of Social Media Just for Writers as well as Avoid Social Media Time Suck, which is super important, and other books on blogging and social media. She provides coaching and social media management for writers.
- On the changes in social media in the past 5 years
- The continued importance of visual images on social media
- The importance of Instagram Stories if you’re using Instagram
- How to find hashtags to use with Instagram
- Using Pinterest to drive traffic to a website
- How Pinterest differs from Instagram in terms of marketing vs. brand awareness
- Why the scattergun approach to social media doesn’t work
You can find Frances Caballo at FrancesCaballo.com and on Twitter @CaballoFrances