Facebook advertising is a core part of my business now, and I only started using it because of Mark Dawson. In this interview, we discuss why Facebook Ads are so powerful and some specific examples as to how to use them, wherever you are in your author career.
If you'd like a demo, you can also join Mark and I for a free webinar this Thurs 9 June at 3pm US Eastern/8pm UK. Click here to register for your free place. You can also check out Mark's Facebook Ads for Authors course here (limited time as it closes on 12 June).
In the intro, I mention the latest Author Earnings report that reviews the number of indies making a living from their book sales at Amazon. Here's the Passive Voice roundup. Plus, I go through my own data from 1 year of book sales, including my split per vendor, format, genre and country of sale.
Plus, if you're writing non-fiction, or you're an entrepreneurial fiction author (or want to be either!) check out the Self-Publishing Success Summit.
The corporate sponsorship for this show pays for hosting and transcription. This podcast episode is sponsored by 99 Designs, where you can get all kinds of designs for your author business including book covers, merchandising, branding and business cards, illustrations and artwork and much more. You can get a Powerpack upgrade which gives your project more chance of getting noticed by going to: 99Designs.com/joanna
Mark Dawson is an internationally bestselling thriller author with the John Milton and Beatrix Rose series. He also shares his knowledge with authors at SelfPublishingFormula.com and has a fantastic course on Facebook Advertising for Authors (open for registration until 12 June, 2016).
- On the marketing advantages of having many books in several series.
- Mark's shift from exclusivity to cross-platform distribution.
- Balancing attraction marketing and interruption marketing.
- Why Facebook ads are powerful, even for those on a budget.
- The two strategies to use with Facebook advertising, depending on where you are in your author career.
- Mark's advice on ROI for ads.
- Mark's results on ads for audiobooks.
- Why video is so important on Facebook right now, and Mark's advice about video ads.
- Common mistakes from authors jumping into the Facebook advertising space.