Can you really decide to write and publish a bestseller?
In today's show, I discuss how Mark Stay and Mark Desvaux did just that in one year as well as talking about it in public on their podcast, The Bestseller Experiment.
In the introduction, I talk about what I'm thankful for as well as giving an update on my writing progress for The Healthy Writer and the third in the sweet romance series that I co-write with my Mum – and still remains a secret!
Today's show is sponsored by Draft2Digital, where you can get free ebook formatting, free distribution to multiple stores, and a host of other benefits. Get your free Author Marketing Guide at www.draft2digital.com/penn
Mark Stay and Mark Desvaux are the co-authors of Back to Reality, a best selling humorous fantasy novel. They launched their book off the back of The Bestseller Experiment podcast where they shared the journey of writing and publishing a bestseller in a year.
- The motivation for running a bestseller experiment
- How the two Marks defined ‘bestseller' and how they got there
- Tweeting with Neil Gaiman – and besting him in the charts
- The conundrum of pre-orders
- Comparisons to the indie music industry
- Dealing with the let down after a big successful launch
- On the future of The Bestseller Experiment podcast
- My interview on their show is Episode 54.
You can find Mark and Mark at BestsellerExperiment.com and on Twitter @bestsellerxp