OLD POST ALERT! This is an older post and although you might find some useful tips, any technical or publishing information is likely to be out of date. Please click on Start Here on the menu bar above to find links to my most useful articles, videos and podcast. Thanks and happy writing! – Joanna Penn
Facebook can be quite overwhelming but there are 500 million users and it's the most popular social network. As author-entrepreneurs we need to know how to use it for book marketing and building an author platform. I have a Facebook page for The Creative Penn (come and join us!) but I had some questions about using it for promoting a book.
In this interview, social media strategist Amy Porterfield gives us her best tips. Audio mp3 and text below the video.
Audio => AmyPorterfield.mp3
In the video, you will learn:
- Why Facebook is so important these days
- The difference between Pages and Groups
- How to use Pages for book promotion
- Why sharing your best content is so important
- How to engage people in the process of writing your book
- How to use your time effectively on social networks
- Setting up an editorial calendar for effective blogging
- Why Facebook ads can be effective for book promotion