What’s changed in the last 3 years in the self-publishing world? What’s working right now? In today’s show, I talk to Lindsay Buroker, fantasy author and podcaster.
In the intro, I mention my new book, Successful Self-Publishing: How to self-publish an ebook and print book, available now on all ebook platforms.
Also, the launch of BiblioManager, a print on demand service for Latin America. Although it’s not open to indies as yet, it’s another step towards a global eco-system of technology that allows authors to reach readers all over the world.
Plus, I’ll be speaking in Austin, Texas on March 30-31 for the Smarter Artist Summit, run by the Self-Publishing Podcast guys, Johnny, Sean & Dave. I hope to see some of you there!
Lindsay Buroker is the bestselling fantasy author of the Emperor’s Edge, Rust and Relics and Dragon’s Blood series as well as other fantasy books.
- On the long build to success as an indie author and the value of sticking with it.
- Lindsay’s writing process.
- The pros and cons of writing under more than one author name.
- Strategies for authors who are just beginning, including releasing three books within a few weeks of each other.
- The advantages and disadvantages of going with Kindle Unlimited and whether Lindsay will stick with KU for her pen name.
- The split of Lindsay’s income between Amazon and the other retailers.
- Embracing the mindset of selling globally.
- Advertising, marketing and book launch strategies that work for Lindsay, and the mindset behind her strategies.
- How to decide if a series is popular or not, and why fiction doesn’t age.
- On Lindsay’s podcast and how that intertwines with her life as a writer and seller of books.