In 2007, Apple released the iPhone and Amazon released the first Kindle. A LOT has changed in the publishing world since then. Technology has shifted reading as well as writing and new companies spring up every day that may disrupt the old order of things. Today I talk to Thad McIlroy about the future of publishing.
In the introduction, I talk about what it means to me to be a finalist for the ITW awards in the Best Ebook Original category for Destroyer of Worlds. Plus, the launch of Amazon Cash and what that might impact in terms of global sales.
This podcast is sponsored by Kobo Writing Life, which helps authors self-publish and reach readers in global markets through the Kobo eco-system. You can also subscribe to the Kobo Writing Life podcast for interviews with successful indie authors.
Thad McIlroy is a journalist, author, speaker and publishing consultant and he writes about the future of publishing.
- What is artificial intelligence?
- The Bestseller Code: Anatomy of the Blockbuster Novel and how it applies to authors
- Should we be branding in a way that teaches algorithms about our books?
- Why an author’s website matters so much in terms of metadata
- Quantum computing and its effect on books and authors
- Start-ups, the future of publishing and world markets
You can find Thad at TheFutureOfPublishing.com and on Twitter @ThadMcIlroy