The ebook market is mature in the US and getting there in the UK, Canada and Australia, but in most other countries worldwide, the ebook revolution is only just beginning. In today’s show, Dan Wood from Draft2Digital and I get excited about self-publishing to a global market.
In the intro I talk about The Bookseller #authorday and the responses from the author community, the latest AuthorEarnings report about amazon.co.uk, the Smashwords 2015 author survey results plus you can join Nick Stephenson and I for a webinar this week on growing your author email list. Click here to register.
The corporate sponsorship for this show pays for hosting and transcription. This podcast episode is sponsored by 99 Designs, where you can get all kinds of designs for your author business including book covers, merchandising, branding and business cards, illustrations and artwork and much more. You can get a Powerpack upgrade which gives your project more chance of getting noticed by going to: 99Designs.com/joanna
Dan Wood is the Director of Operations and Publisher Relations at Draft2Digital.com.
- What Draft2Digital is, how it supports authors to distribute their books and how it differs from Smashwords.
- How D2D chooses the different book vendors they work with and how authors can know which ones are worth choosing.
- The increasing opportunities in international sales, especially given the rise of mobile phones worldwide, and how authors can take advantage of the global market.
- Dan’s thoughts on Oyster and Google Play, and on Facebook entering the book market.
- On the advantages of assetless pre-orders and the results Dan and D2D have seen with these.
- The email list feature and back-matter feature on D2D, and pricing locally.