This is one of those landmark interviews for me because Chris Brogan was one of the first people I followed online.
His book, Trust Agents, shaped the way I run my business, and his video on the 10-year overnight success helped me through difficult times. So I’m thrilled to have Chris on the show today.
In the introduction, I mention the continued growth of audiobooks and my own 2 new books out in audio: The Successful Author Mindset and How to Make a Living with your Writing. Plus the Tim Ferriss podcast on financial freedom and how excited I am to meet so many indie authors down under who are just doing their thing, writing and making money, and ‘no one’ in the mainstream industry and media knows who they are. We live in amazing times!
Today’s show is sponsored by all the listeners who support the show through Patreon. Thank you SO much for your ongoing support. It means so much to me that you enjoy the show enough to contribute! If you’d like to become a Patreon supporter, you can support the show for as little as $2 per month and receive the extra Q&A show monthly. Click here to find out more.
Chris Brogan provides strategy and skills for the modern business. He is CEO of Owner Media Group, a sought after public speaker, and the New York Times bestselling author of nine books and working on his tenth. He is the author of nine books, including Trust Agents and The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth.
- Why the principle of ‘know, like and trust’ is even more important these days
- Finding clarity (and keeping it) about what you’re all about
- What it takes to keep going and keep doing the work long term
- Why confidence and helping people are conjoined
- How Chris defines ‘voice’ and how authors can bring theirs into their marketing
- Why you should connect with your inner freak
- When and why Chris chooses traditional publishing vs. indie publishing
- Chris’s tips for mastering time and moving a business forward
You can find Chris at ChrisBrogan.com and on Twitter @chrisbrogan