Joseph Michael has helped countless authors succeed with Scrivener, but his uber-successful course, Learn Scrivener Fast, was not a bolt out of the blue. Joe learned a lot along the way and today we talk about how to turn failure into success, plus some Scrivener tips.
In the intro I give a personal update about my own creative doubts and fears, plus I mention appearing on the Ben Greenfield Fitness podcast talking about dictation and standing desks and health for writers in general.
If you want to build and grow your email list, you can join Nick Stephenson and I for a FREE webinar on the 3 step system to automate your author marketing. Tues 9 Feb at 3pm US Eastern (8pm UK). Click here to register and yes, you can get the recording if you sign up.
The corporate sponsorship for this show pays for hosting and transcription. This podcast episode is sponsored by 99 Designs, where you can get all kinds of designs for your author business including book covers, merchandising, branding and business cards, illustrations and artwork and much more. You can get a Powerpack upgrade which gives your project more chance of getting noticed by going to: 99Designs.com/joanna
- Joseph’s beginnings as an entrepreneur and the genesis of the Learn Scrivener Fast training.
- The reasons the training works for both bloggers and writers.
- Some of Joe’s favorite features of Scrivener.
- Tips for creating a successful online course, including developing the content in a way learners can easily consume it.
- How to research and discover the type of idea that will work for an online course.
- Building a platform with partnerships.
- What ‘utilizing your unfair advantage’ means and why it matters.
- Dealing with the risks of taking an entrepreneurial leap and offsetting those risks.
- Maintaining authenticity online while also protecting your privacy.
You can find Joe at JosephMichael.net and on twitter @ScrivenerCoach. I highly recommend his Learn Scrivener Fast course, which will help you get Scrivener sorted for your writing business. You can also find the Easy Course Creator Course here.