Who doesn’t love food and writing?! In today’s show, I discuss both with Kate Parham Kordsmeier.
In the intro, I mention Orna Ross’s article on How independent are indie authors anyway?, Audible’s new podcast subscription service, my blog post on how to create boxsets and why you should, plus I talk about my own writing process for End of Days, the next ARKANE thriller.
This podcast is sponsored by Kobo Writing Life, which helps authors self-publish and reach readers in global markets through the Kobo eco-system. You can also subscribe to the Kobo Writing Life podcast for interviews with successful indie authors.
Kate Parham Kordsmeier is an Atlanta-based freelance food and travel writer and recipe developer for more than 100 publications. She’s the author of of the cookbook Atlanta Chef’s Table: Extraordinary Recipes from the Big Peach and the founder of Root + Revel, a food and wellness site devoted to natural living.
- Kate’s beginnings and how she chose food as her niche
- Building a personal brand in freelance writing
- Confidence charging as a freelance writer
- Effectively using a website to attract work
- Working with photographers and batching work for efficiency
- How Kate comes up with her ideas and how she pitches an idea to a magazine editor
- The lead time involved in writing articles
- The challenges involved in putting together a cookbook, and the pros and cons of working with a traditional publisher
- Using fiction skills in non-fiction writing
- Kate’s experience using food to heal health issues
You can find Kate at www.KateParhamKordsmeier.com and on twitter @kpkords