Simon & Schuster, one of the top publishers, now recommend that authors should have a blog. If you are a self-published author, you definitely need one in order to sell your books. If you haven’t started writing yet, or have a work in progress, you need to start building your author platform now so you have customers ready in the future.
Last year, I released the Author 2.0 Blueprint and a full 12 module online course that teaches writers/authors how to use web 2.0 tools to write, publish, sell and promote their books. A few months ago, I asked what would be most useful for authors/writers and 74% responded that they want to know how to create and maintain a fantastic blog.
So now “How to Blog for Authors/Writers” is available as a stand-alone product. I have rewritten the material, rerecorded the videos and added a load of new material to it, as well as adding the bonuses below.
The full online Author 2.0 course is US$297, but you will be able to get an expanded, comprehensive blogging module for just US$39.99.
- 56 page full colour ebook on Blogging for Authors and Writers, including step by step instructions on how to blog, what to blog on, key aspects of a blog, how to measure statistics and much more…
- Exclusive audio interview with 6 figure blogger, Yaro Starak from Entrepreneurs Journey (37 mins) + transcript of the interview with links and extra information. Yaro has been blogging for many years and makes a fulltime income from his blog. In the audio and transcript, he outlines tips for blogging and also how to make money from your blog, and why writers have a real advantage as bloggers.
- Exclusive audio: Blogging for Authors with Joanna Penn. (1 hr 8 mins) on the material covered in the ebook.
- Video: Author Branding (28 mins) How to decide on and create your author brand.
- Video: Behind the scenes of a blog (34 mins) including the key aspects of a blog. These videos are done by recording my desktop, so you see the actual software as well as hearing me talk about the topic.
- Video: How to use RSS (7 mins) and set up a feed for your blog
- BONUS: Teleseminar 1 month after launch (June 10) for any questions you have on blogging (or access to the recording if you can’t make the live call)
You will learn the following from the Blogging For Authors/Writers course:
- How to decide on your author brand which will shape your blog look & feel as well as content, and will influence how your online brand is perceived
- Why authors need to blog anyway, and how blogging can tangibly affect book sales and marketing reach (i.e. your author platform)
- Key aspects of a blog and how to use them e.g. themes/design, pages, posts, RSS feed, widgets, categories & tags, plugins
- How to plan your blog, design it and if necessary, redesign it after you have been blogging for a while
- Deciding on a blog platform and building your own blog – using free platforms and also as a self-hosted blog
- Blog content: what should you blog about and top tips on how to blog, as well as how to monitor your blog statistics in order to check on growth
- How to promote your blog and get traffic to it
- Author blog case studies: breaking down the blogs of popular authors and what you can learn from them
Why would you listen to me anyway?
I have been learning from the best and putting what I have learnt into action in the last 15 months I have been blogging. This has resulted in:
- Being in the Top 5 Writing Blogs in Australia
- Named as one of Top 30 bloggers to watch in 2010 on Problogger
- Voted as one of Top 25 Writing blogs on Editor Unleashed
- Included on Alltop as a top Books blog
- 73,393 unique visitors since starting the blog in Dec 2008, which grow weekly.
- I attribute all my income as an author/speaker to this blog. It includes book sales (ebooks and print), Author 2.0 course sales, and speaking events I have done based on my online profile.
- You can read testimonials about my courses, speaking and more here => Testimonials page .
The course material also includes the exclusive interview with Yaro Starak, a 6 figure blogger so you get a real pro giving you advice too.
Once you click the Add to Cart button, you will be directed to payment through Paypal which is a trusted, secure internet sales provider. After payment, you will be directed to a sign up screen. Please add your details and then confirm them in order to receive the login information for the course. This last step is so you are added to the email list for notification of the teleseminar and also any other bonuses to come.
Please also email me with any questions or problems: joanna@TheCreativePenn.com
Image based on Flickr Creative Commons: J Bischoff Colours of my heart